Bowel screening is for men and women aged 50 and older with no discernible symptoms. If you have one or more of the following symptoms, contact PHCC at [email protected] to arrange a consult.
- Blood in your stool or rectal bleeding.
- A change, such as diarrhea or constipation, in your bowel habits lasting two weeks or more.
- Persistent cramps, gas, or pain.
- Feeling that your bowel won’t empty completely.
- Unexplained iron deficiency aneamia.
- Progressive, unintentional weight loss.
- Weakness or fatigue Nausea or vomiting.
Don’t wait for symptoms to appear before taking action.
Bowel cancer can develop without any discernible symptoms. To gain clarity and peace of mind regarding your health status, get regular screening.
Because these symptoms may relate to any one of a number of health conditions, it is important to seek medical attention to determine the true cause of your symptoms. The sooner you discuss your issues with your healthcare provider, the more likely you are to have a positive outcome.